Resources and Tools
- Provide solutions to the problem of accessing big volumes
of information and knowledge by the healthcare systems,
using techniques from Natural Language Processing (NLP) and
Information Retrieval (IR).
- Creating efficient filters so that people working at
healthcare will have the possibility of accessing and
retrieving information adequate to their queries over
millions of documents written in English and Spanish, by
means of information technologies.
Application to specific cases:
- Electronic Health Records (EHRs) from the hospitals of
Galdakao and Basurto, for the identification of Adverse Drug
- Orphanet, to identify disabilities associated to rare
Subproject MED-RECORD (UNED):
- Detection of ADRs in EHRs using technologies from NLP
- Adapting NLP resources for English, Basque and Spanish to
the medical domain, so that the linguistic processors will
be available for new applications in medicine.
- Aplication of NLP and IR techniques to the problem of
identifying disabilities associated to rare diseases from
heterogeneous information sources (scientific articles,
- Generalization of the techniques developed for the
identification of disabilities associated to rare diseases
to ADRs, evaluating the accuracy of ranking algorithms based
on heuristics on the medical domain.
IXA Group - EHU-UPV
Read more IXA